Things to do in Richmond VA
Experience the Richmond hotel that enjoys easy access to all the top attractions and businesses. Retreat to the nation's rich historic past with a trip to Monument Avenue, delight in the natural beauty of Richmond's many gardens or indulge your palate with a visit to one of the city's many restaurants. We are the Richmond hotel that makes getting around a breeze.
We are happy to provide complimentary hotel shuttle services within a 5-mile radius. Service is available Monday through Friday at the following times:
- 7am-9 am
Less than a 10 minute drive from the Westin Richmond, the University of Richmond is one of the top National Liberal Arts Colleges in the United States. Take advantage of the walking and running trails throughout the 350-acre wooded campus, or enjoy touring historic buildings that surround the peaceful Westhampton Lake.
Treat yourself to some history at this landmark boulevard, marked by Robert E. Lee's statue memorialized in 1890. The avenue is the site of other monuments commemorating notable Virginia natives and several annual events such as the Monument Avenue 10K race and Parade on Easter
Indulge in one of Richmond's finest attractions, the Virginia Historical Society, where students, scholars, and history buffs alike can learn about Virginia's rich past. The Virginia Historical Society offers thoughtful lecture series, accessible archives, and special events for visitors to engage in research and discussion.
Take advantage of the special events and attractions offered at the Science Museum of Virginia, just a 10 minute drive from the Westin Richmond. Satisfy your inner scientist with the museum's hundreds of experiential exhibits and interactive programming.
Enjoy free admission at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, where you can indulge in one of the finest collections of art Virginia has to offer. The museum hosts powerful ongoing exhibitions that showcase Native American Art, work from the Art Education Center and traveling collections.
Delight in the engaging attractions at the Children's Museum of Richmond, only eight minutes away from the Westin Richmond. With an art studio, carousel, living tree house, dairy barn, and much more, the Children's Museum is the perfect place to invigorate your child's curiosity.
Treat yourself at the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, where you will find a relaxing environment of 50 acres of gardens, dining, and shopping. Recharge by exploring dozens of pathways to themed gardens, plant collections, and botanical displays that encompass the beauty of this historic property.
Delight in the above attractions and more, located a short drive from the Westin Richmond.
- Agecroft Hall - 4.6 miles
- Virginia Commonwealth University - 5.2 miles
- Black History Museum - 6.2 miles
- Richmond International Raceway - 6.9 miles
- Maymont House - 7.0 miles
- Hollywood Cemetery - 7.1 miles
- Virginia War Memorial - 7.3 miles
- Riverfront Canal Walk - 8.0 miles
- Virginia State Capitol - 8.1 miles
- Museum of the Confederacy - 8.2 miles
- Edgar Allan Poe Museum - 8.4 miles
- Virginia Holocaust Museum - 8.5 miles
- The Shops at Willow Lawn - 1.9 miles
- Regency Square Mall - 4.2 miles
- Agecroft Hall
- Black History Museum
- Children's Museum of Richmond
- Edgar Allan Poe Museum
- Hollywood Cemetery
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Maymont House
- Monument Avenue
- Museum of the Confederacy
- Regency Square Mall
- Richmond International Raceway
- Riverfront Canal Walk
- Science Museum of Virginia
- The Shops at Willow Lawn
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Historical Society
- Virginia Holocaust Museum
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Virginia State Capitol
- Virginia War Memorial