Explore the Many Things to Do in Richmond, Virginia
Ideally positioned in midtown Richmond, Virginia, The Westin Richmond offers proximity to the area's top attractions and local businesses. Whether you are in town for a weekend or for a longer stay, make time to experience the many things to do in the city, including visiting historic Monument Avenue, wandering the campus of the University of Richmond or touring the many interesting museums and cultural institutions.
The Westin Richmond offers guests a complimentary hotel shuttle services within a 5-mile radius. Service is available Monday through Friday at the following times:
Arguably Richmond's most popular thing to do, Monument Avenue is a grassy, tree-lined mall that memorializes Robert E. Lee and other notable Virginians. Monument Avenue also plays host to several annual events, including the Monument Avenue 10K race and Parade on Easter.
History buffs will enjoy one of Richmond's most engaging things to do, the Virginia Historical Society. Featuring thoughtful lecture series, accessible archives and special events, it's the perfect place to engage in research and discussion.
Spend a weekend with the kids exploring the Science Museum of Virginia, an interactive museum located near The Westin Richmond. Satisfy your inner scientist with the museum's hundreds of experiential exhibits and engaging programming.
Browse one of the finest collections of art in the state at Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. The museum hosts powerful ongoing exhibitions that showcase Native American Art, as well as an array of traveling collections.
Delight in the engaging attractions at the Children's Museum of Richmond, only eight minutes away from The Westin Richmond. With an art studio, carousel, living tree house, dairy barn, and much more, the Children's Museum is the perfect place to invigorate your child's curiosity.
Treat yourself at the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, where you will find a relaxing environment of 50 acres of gardens, dining, and shopping. Recharge by exploring dozens of pathways to themed gardens, plant collections, and botanical displays that encompass the beauty of this historic property.
Delight in the above attractions and more, located a short drive from The Westin Richmond.
- Agecroft Hall - 4.6 miles
- Virginia Commonwealth University - 5.2 miles
- Black History Museum - 6.2 miles
- Richmond International Raceway - 6.9 miles
- Maymont House - 7.0 miles
- Hollywood Cemetery - 7.1 miles
- Virginia War Memorial - 7.3 miles
- Riverfront Canal Walk - 8.0 miles
- Virginia State Capitol - 8.1 miles
- Museum of the Confederacy - 8.2 miles
- Edgar Allan Poe Museum - 8.4 miles
- Virginia Holocaust Museum - 8.5 miles
- The Shops at Willow Lawn - 1.9 miles
- Regency Square Mall - 4.2 miles
- Agecroft Hall
- Black History Museum
- Children's Museum of Richmond
- Edgar Allan Poe Museum
- Hollywood Cemetery
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Maymont House
- Monument Avenue
- Museum of the Confederacy
- Regency Square Mall
- Richmond International Raceway
- Riverfront Canal Walk
- Science Museum of Virginia
- The Shops at Willow Lawn
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Historical Society
- Virginia Holocaust Museum
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Virginia State Capitol
- Virginia War Memorial